I've been searching for a great solar solution for my own home for a while and was pleasantly surprised when one of our timber frame reps handed me an informational packet on the Vitosol 300, by Viessmann Solar.
Living in Vermont, I need something rugged that can maximize the few days of sunlight we receive per year. I think this is finally the solution I've been looking for!
A solar system captures solar radiation through a collector and then heats up a heat transfer fluid (usually an anti-freeze of some type) which is inside the collector. Then the fluid is pumped to a heat exchanger where the absorbed heat is transmitted to the drinking water or heating circuit. The cooled heat transfer fluid is then pumped back to the collector to await the repeat of the cycle.
The Vitosol 300 uses vacuum tube solar collectors with an absorber surface area of 22 and 32 sq.ft - 2 and 3 sq.m. It's the most environmentally-friendly method of domestic hot water heating, as well as a backup/supplement for low-temperature heating purposes.
Thanks to the highly effective Sol-Titan coating, the vacuum tube collector Vitosol 300 can even utilize diffused solar radiation. It is therefore suitable not only for domestic hot water applications, but also as a backup for central heating purposes.
The benefits at a glance:
The benefits at a glance:
- High level of operational reliability and a long service life thanks to the use of high-grade, corrosion-resistant materials such as special solar glass, copper and stainless steel. Durable, vacuum-tight glass-to-metal seal.
- High efficiency thanks to the Sol-Titan coated absorber and vacuum collector tubes.
- Energy-efficient Duotec wrap-around pipe heat exchanger, which almost completely encases the condensers to facilitate better heat transfer.
- The condenser has a flexible connection to the vacuum tube via a stainless steel corrugated pipe. The individual tubes can be adjusted for optimum alignment to the sun during original placement.
- The dry connection of the collector tubes allows for individual tubes to be mounted and disassembled without having to drain the solar heating system.
- Proven Viessmann plug-in system for connecting several collectors to form one collector panel with a total surface area of up to 65 ft2 - 6 m2.
- A fully integrated solar system package available:
- Vitosol 300 vacuum tube collectors
- Vitocell 100 or 300 hot water storage tank
- Solar-Divicon pump station
- Vitosolic control unit
- Solar expansion tank, Tyfocor solar fill
- System fill manifold
For more information, please visit the Viessmann site.