Here at Davis Timber Frame, we receive many questions about our home building products, design services and technical building questions. Every week we will post a commonly asked question. We will answer basic questions as well as more detailed technical questions. Don't forget to check back weekly!
The first question we will answer is one that a lot of our new inquiries ask, "What distinguishes Davis Frame Company from other timber frame companies?"
1. Our timber frame design and production facilities are in one location. This is important in achieving the communication necessary between the design and cutting phase of building a timber frame home.
2. Davis Frame Company combines state of the art technology with the detail of hand craftsmanship to create the curved braces, joinery details, and chamfering which have become distinctive features of Davis Frame. Our frames are individually crafted, not mass produced. For our Douglas fir timber frames, we only use "dense select" grade, free of heart center (FOHC), except for timbers larger than 10"x12". Timbers are well protected during delivery with lumber wrap and are also fully tarped on flat bed trucks.
3. Our company is small enough to work with clients on an individual basis, but large enough to take on just about any project. President Jeff Davis is involved in all of our projects
4. Davis Frame Company can ship our timber frame homes anywhere you want them delivered! We can work with clients with the use of modern communication including a virtual online meeting tool.
5. We are a one stop shop for your new home's exterior shell! We offer:
- The timber frame
- Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs)
- eSIPS panelized wall and roof system
- Pre-cut dimensional material
- Second floor deck system
- Energy efficient doors and windows
- Fiber cement and cedar siding